Monday, April 03, 2006

what republicans did



Every time I read this kind of stuff I shudder. I know people complain about welfare queens, but it's pretty much myth. Most of the people on Medicare really need it. Hat tip to the folks at Afarensis.

In the eyes of his mother, Timmy Kitrel is a "typical little 7-year-old." Using a touch-screen device to communicate, the first-grader in the Fort Zumwalt School District can identify animals and spell his name.

Timmy, who has cerebral palsy, has made great progress, partly because of the occupational, physical and speech-language therapy he receives through Medicaid, said his mother, Kathy Kitrel of St. Peters.

But she's not sure how she and her husband will keep the services going. Timmy and his two siblings are among about 800 children a month in Missouri who are being dropped from Medicaid because of a new, little-noticed law.


This is moderately interesting. Also, this is eerily accurate:
I am 34% White Trash.
Not Too White Trashy
The white trash in my blood will not keep me from becoming a doctor or a lawyer, but it will keep me from a good haircut and any sort of fashion sense.

No comments: