Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Light blogging

323: light blogging heat


Blogging has been light due to many things. Including my birthday. Crazy, isn't it? As a depressed kid I never thought I'd make it this long. Rather pleased. Now if I can just survive global warming, meteors, solar flares, hurricanes, civil unrest, and whatever the hell is going on in the Middle East, I'll be good.

Global warming is really obvious right now with record temperatures hitting LaGuardia and three NYC trains out because of heat (they seem to be back up now.) ConEd has asked people to not use "unessential" appliances such as air conditioners (do they really expect people to take this seriously in poorly ventiliated apartment buildings? Besides, how do they get this message out to people? They don't. They just make a public statement to cover their arses...)

I was stuck on one of those trains this morning, not a pleasant experience. The AC just died, people began fainting, AC began dripping over all of us... I took off my hearing aid to protect it, but this freaked me out a bit, because people were talking and you can feel them talking and you don't know what's going on and with people packed in so tightly... well. Cover your pockets and pray for the best is all you can do.

Plus a tropical storm formed off of the coast of NC this morning.

But this is cool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!