Monday, March 14, 2005

ah, studying again....



always amazes me how much my brain retains even when i don't think i'm paying attention... was able to review everything i studied about last night (principles of counselling and psychotherapy, etc., etc.) with a minimum of fuss...

then this morning I wake up to a lovely e-mail from nologo, who's probably my first true love, though I hesitate to admit it... i'd have treated him a lot differently if I had understood then what I understand now... e'nt it so? still, he's off to another protest march in England (they're always marching over there, aren't they? and we're the ones so proud of our civil liberties!) this coming weekend. zhai'helleva, ashke.

ok, quote for today - always try remembering it, but for some reason therapy info comes faster to my mind than this, and anyway it's too religious for me. but i like it anyway.

I will meet the cruel and the cowardly today, liars and the envious, the uncaring and unknowing: they will be all around. But their numbers and their carelessness do not mean I have to be like them. For my own part, I know my job; my commission comes from Those Who Are. My hand raised is Their hand on the neck of the Serpent, now and always. I shall walk through Their worlds as do the Powers that Be, seeing and knowing with Them and for Them, tending Their worlds as if they were mine: for so indeed they are. Silently shall I strive to go my way, as They do, doing my work unseen; the light needs no reminding by me of good deeds done by night. And in this long progress through all that is, though I will know doubt and fear in the strange places where I must walk, I will put these both aside, as the Oath requires, and hold myself to my work ... for if They and I together cannot mend what is marred, who can -- ? And having done my work aright, though I may know weariness at day's end, come awakening I shall rise up and say again, with Them, as if surprised, "behold, the world is made new ... !"


mm, with thanks to diane duane, whose book "on her majesty's wizardly service" the above is slightly adapted from. maybe especially appropriate for us Deaf people eh? And maybe closer to my own ideas of the universe than i'd like to admit cos... well. It's always been about working with, not worship...

No comments: