Tuesday, August 01, 2006

blogwhoring: marshallkirkpatrick's blog



So Deaf in the City got mentioned yesterday over at Marshall Kirkpatrick's blog at Netsquared - thanks for pimping DITC, Ridor! Cool interview.

I've been busy preparing for my sister's wedding and will be going out of town until August 14th - first to Ft. Lauderdale, then to Chicago for the AFL-CIO convention (did I mention I got elected to the board of my company's Union?) I think it'll be awesome. Any Deaf readers involved in Unions? Has anyone been to a convention before? I hope to have net access there so I will be blogging some experiences as I go along - I want to share what it's like working in the field as a Deaf person, raise awareness, learn as much as I can, and meet cool people, in that order (in any order is fine, really.)

1 comment:

moi said...

I'm a union steward for mine, but I've never gone to a convention. I'll enjoy reading about your experiences.

By the by, have you considered syndicating your blog to DeafRead.com? That'd be fantastic. You have a lot of great things to say and share - your blog is one of my "must reads."